ANY CITY IN THE USA . Post Your Resume SMART, FAST and FREE!
What the Recruiter Seeks in a
Depending on the nature of the
offered, recruiter's outlook will be different. There are certain
qualities in general however, every recruiter will like to see in a
potential employee. Recruiter's emphasis on these qualities below will
differ based on the type of positions under consideration:
- Ability to Communicate Clearly and
- Self Confidence
- Ability and Desire to Lead
- Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to manage crisis
- Motivation to achieve established goals
- High Energy
- Good Recommendations..
As they say "First impression is the last impression”.
Appearance at any interview will indicate as to how serious you are about the the
position being offered.
Appearance should be reflective of the job for which you are being
interviewed. You should dress your best but not flashiest. Some tips below will help you prepare before
- Be neat and clean
- Properly showered and wear clean
- Clean and cut fingernails
- Shined shoes/no sneakers
- Wear dress paints and shirt/no jeans
and casual shirt
- Minimal make up and perfume
- Minimal non-flashy jewelry and
- We all know dress codes at some of the
jobs are not as formal as they used to be but It is wise to excercise
caution on the conservative side at the job interviews.
“DOs” OF AN EFFECTIVE
“DON’Ts” OF AN EFFECTIVE
- Fill the
job application and prepare the
- Relax and be genuine
- Be truthful and to the point on the
- Brush up on communication skills before the
- Be assertive and attentive in the interview
- Show maturity and good communication skills
- Have a proper mix of humor, sincerity and energy when
- Look motivated and keen on the position
- Have references, preferably from
current and past employments and several copies of resume with you
- Treat receptionists and secretaries and others with respect when appearing for
a an interview.
- Be prepared to explain why you are
leaving your current
job and looking for other .
Be positive in your answer
- Remember interviewers name and it’s pronunciation
- Write a follow up thank you letter irrespective of what you
thought of the meeting
- Take search seriously and learn from
your past interviews to help you succeed in future
- Have an unimpressive
- Have an overly big resume. Try a short effective one if you don’t have to
have a big resume.
- Be vague and lack direction on your resume and in the interview.
- Be overly aggressive or fearful
- Apply without understanding the
position and/or the
- Apply for
positions not suitable for your education &
- Chew gum during an interview
- Use slangs or poor grammar
- Be too technical in your answers in an interview as non technical interviewers may be there too
- Indicate your current employer and present
job conditions as the
main reason for seeking new employment
- Bring letter of references and awards
etc. from your previous employers
- Wear sun glasses and/or outerwear in the interview
- Look at your watch a lot during an